WATERCRAFT INSURANCE JACKSONVILLE, BEACHES, ST AUGUSTINE, FL
Personal watercraft are small vessels with an inboard jet drive that by U.S. Coast Guard standards is less than 16 feet in length. PWCs are subject to the same marine laws as other vessels plus a few laws specific to their speed and agility. Although State Law does not require a boat owner to carry insurance, it is a smart choice to make sure you are adequately protected against mishaps. If you are planning on financing your PWC or expect to use a local marina or boatyard, you will need watercraft insurance Jacksonville, Beaches and St Augustine FL. Just like yachts or fishing boats, both standup and sit-down versions must be display current Florida registration.
Types of Personal Watercraft
There is a reason that today's personal watercraft feel like riding a motorcycle on water. Clayton Jacobson II, the inventor of both the standup and sit down version, was a jet propulsion engineer who got tired of the gravel rash suffered after motorcycle racing crash. Today, there are several basic configurations of PWC's inclduing:
- Stand Up Personal Watercraft - With a narrow hull and no seat, the standard Jet Ski is still the most difficult to ride. It is fast and highly maneuverable. However, with a little practice this PWC is ideal for racing and perfecting stunts.
- One-Seater Sit Down Watercraft - Similar to a stand up, the one-seater is designed for performance. Compared to larger sit downs, it allows for aggressive cornering but is less stable and harder to remount in open water.
- Two-Seater Sit Down Watercraft - With most of the high performance features of the one-seater, this PWC is more stable and comes equipped with a pillion seat (like a street bike) for jetting about with a passenger.
- Three-Seater Sit Down Watercraft - With less speed and agility, the three-seater PWC has more horsepower and offers boat-like controls for reversing direction and trimming the vessel in low-wake zones but exceeds 10 feet in length.
- Four-Seater Sit Down Watercraft - Essentially a runabout with handlebars, the four-seater PWC is ideal for taking your friends with you. With more length and weight, it is the most stable, has storage areas, cruise control and can pull skiers.
Insuring Year Round Fun in the Sun
It's no surprise that the Sunshine State leads the nation with over $2.6 billion in annual sales of boats and personal watercraft. After all Florida is all about having fun in the sun with a year round climate that is perfectly suited for personal watercraft. Whether you use your PWC to race, fish or cruise, Nsurance Nation can help you find the most affordable watercraft insurance Jacksonville. In addition to standard coverage for liability, physical damage, total loss, medical payments, and bodily injury, watercraft insurance provisions can include fuel spill liability, coverage of personal effects and emergency assistance on the water.
We make getting affordable watercraft insurance easier. Call to ask us how! 1-877-957-3487